If several people in your company need to approve an expense, you can enable the 'Approve costs' option. This allows users to receive an email asking them to approve or reject the purchase invoice (including a link to open the invoice). They can also find the invoices they need to approve in the submenu 'Approve' under the menu 'Expenses'. Approvers can also add a comment which will be added to the 'Internal comment' field.
Note: only registered users can approve an invoice. Each user created costs 5 € per month.
To enable the 'Approve costs' option, go to the 'Settings' menu. Scroll down until you see the section 'Approval'. Here you can turn on the option 'Approve costs'.
You will now see three extra options.
1. With 'Remember approver' You can indicate by whom and how often an expense should be approved.
• Remember last (default): Billit remembers the users you selected from the last expense (any supplier).
• Remember per supplier: Billit always remembers the users you selected when importing the last expense for this supplier.
• Never: Preferences are not stored. If this option is enabled, you'll need to indicate for each import which users should approve the expense.
2. You can also indicate in this section whether an invoice should be blocked in Fast Input if no approver is selected. This way you never forget to designate a user to approve the expense.
After activating this option, a new line will appear per user when you import an invoice in Fast input. Tick the checkbox next to each user who should approve an expense.
You will now see an additional "approved" column appear in your expenses overview. Here you will see whether the invoice still has to be approved (with an hourglass), has been approved (green tick) or was not approved (red cross).
3. With the last option, you can indicate that invoices can only be exported after they have been approved. Do you have a link with your accountant? Then he or she gets a message that not all invoices have been exported. Are you not connected? Then the unapproved invoices will not be included in the list that you can mail/export via the 'Accountant' menu. Unapproved invoices can still be downloaded as UBL when this option is selected.
Has a user not yet approved an expense? Then you can send that user a reminder. Open the invoice and click 'Send reminder' next to the user name in the 'Approvals' section. In the last column you will find when the last reminder was sent.
Via the menu 'Reports > Lists > List of invoices to approve' you can get an excel overview of all invoices you need to approve. The report will be empty if no actions are required.